Rules for scholarships from the Helleday Foundation
- The scholarships are awarded to researchers to do independent research along the project description in the application and that fall within the Foundation’s overall purposes.
- The researcher needs to be affiliated with an academic research institution to be eligible to apply.
- Research Scholarships are intended for postdoctoral researchers at the beginning of their career, i.e. a maximum of 7 years from the PhD defense, and is meant to strengthen their ability to become independent research group leader.
- The grant period is a maximum of 2 years.
- A fulltime scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship or employment. If a grantee receives a scholarship or employment the fellow is obligated to immediately notify the Foundation.
- After completing the scholarship the applicant is expected to submit report on how the grant was used.
- Discoveries and intellectual property rights that may arise in the research are owned by the researcher under the conditions that apply at the local institution.
- The academic institution hosting the researcher is fully responsible for that the research is carried out in accordance with the ethical and other regulations that exist at the institute.
- The scholarship amount for fulltime studies is not less than 250 000 SEK/year. The amount can be adjusted based on the applicant’s competence and previous experience.
Apply for scholarship
The Helleday Foundation awards scholarships to promising researchers in order to support their continued research careers. The Helleday Foundation primarily supports scientists early in their career who are based in Sweden, but also international research can be rewarded. Applications for scholarships are accepted twice yearly in the periods 1-15 April and 1-15 October. The application should be written in English and comprise:
- CV including contact information for two references
- project description (max 5 pages) describing background, problem-definition, methods and host laboratory
- suggested project period dates (max 2 years)
- invitation from host laboratory
The application should be sent as a single pdf-file as email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications or applications received outside the application periods will not be processed.
Applicants who send an application to the foundation approve of processing of personal data by the foundation to the extent reasonably required for the Foundation’s internal processing and follow-up of the application and any approved scholarships. Questions can be asked to our data protection representative Jan Zetterberg who can be reached by e-mail at jan.Zetterberg@oxcia.se.
Decisions are communicated via email.
The decision cannot be appealed.